Ellen Malloy has been a prominent player in the restaurant community for more than 20 years. She is the founder of Morsel for Enterprise, a web tool that helps restaurants deliver digital hospitality. Integrating social platforms, public relations, and email marketing in one dead-simple platform, Morsel for Enterprise helps the food community create community online.
She is also Co-founder of Morsel, a food community that makes it easy for chefs, cooks, mixologists, sommeliers, baristas, etc. to tell their stories. A beautiful, simple website and companion iOS app, Morsel shares the stories that make food and drinks taste better!
Prior, she was Founder/CEO of Restaurant Intelligence Agency and Owner of Paperclip, inc., where, as a 15-year veteran of restaurant public relations, she represented high-profile restaurant clients including Michael Jordan, Paul Kahan and Art Smith.
Ellen holds an undergraduate degree in Journalism & History from Indiana University, a master’s degree in Business from DePaul, and an associate degree from The Culinary School of Kendall College. Ellen is also certified as a Sommelier by the Court of Master Sommeliers.
A Less Official One
- is the humanbot behind EllenMalloy.com, writing all the content, posting all the social, bouncing up the mountain solo.
- is currently location independent, AKA: a digital nomad, a computer-toting hobo, high-end homeless; trying to sort out how to comply with the Patriot Act without a permanent address.
- is the creator of a super-stealth storytelling platform, in beta on Virtuecider.com, MadisonandRayne.com, and Rustic Road Farm. A dream 10 years in the making, it’s why she jumps out of bed at 4am every morning to get to work.
- is the CEO/Founder of Pipeworks Steering, LLC, dba Morsel.
- was Co-founder, with the amazing Kris Petersen, of Morsel Labs, dba Morsel, which was acquired by Pipeworks, LLC.
- was the Founder and CEO of Restaurant Intelligence Agency, which was acquired by Morsel Labs (are you following along there?).
- was a 15-year veteran of old school restaurant PR, as the owner of Paperclip, inc.
- was a line cook at Marché under Michael Kornick and at Carlos’ under Jacky Pluton.
- was Sales Manager of Lyric Opera of Chicago, Marketing Coordinator at Interna Designs, and PR Pond Scum at Tassani Communications.
- likes school so much …
- she has a Masters degree from DePaul — my assistant did most of my classwork because I was super busy working.
- has a Bachelors degree from Indiana University — studied the bizarre and totally unuseful topics of Sino-Soviet History (major) and Tibetan history (only a minor ’cause Dad got really mad when he found out how much he spent on my studying a country he had barely heard of) as well as a somewhat useful Journalism degree (major).
- has a Associate degree from The Culinary School of Kendall College — graduated at the top of my class.
- wanted to go to law school at some point but realized that because she has barely any working memory that endeavor might not turn out too well. (But who knows, she’s still young!)
- has tried to finish the Great Books Program at University of Chicago four times but life always got in the way. FOUR TIMES — She WILL finish that course.
- answers her own emails, posts her own words and takes her own (meh-to-bad) pictures for social media.
- makes up a lot of words and grammar she believes get her points across better than what’s generally available.
- is available for speaking engagements where some swearing and occasional made-up words will be acceptable, and books them herself.
- is not available for ongoing restaurant PR but is happy to set up an effective system so you can not only do PR yourself, but also social media and email marketing at the same time. (Really, why did everything become so complicated? Let’s go back to simple.)
- will never again work at a VC-backed startup. Because, wow.
- hasn’t gotten around to setting up affiliate links, so click away knowing it is not funding anything.